Thursday, March 13, 2008

Slow Cooker Apricot Lemon Chicken

This is a super easy slow cooker/ crockpot meal I make especially during this summer heat when I don't want to turn on the oven. I have other recipes if not everyone has a crockpot, just let me know and I'll be more than happy to post something else. This is a sweet and sour dish that is a huge hit with Nicholas! He's so picky that I find myself making this quite often. I usually serve it with a fresh veggie and white rice or alfredo noodles.

Slow Cooker Apricot Lemon Chicken (serves 6)

  • 2 pounds of boneless breast of chicken
  • 1 lemon, quartered
  • 1 teaspoon Kosher salt (or a 1/2 teaspoon of regular salt)
  • 1 teaspoon brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup coarsely chopped dried apricots
  • 1/4 cup orange juice
  • 1 teaspoon thyme (or 3-4 four sprigs fresh thyme, if available)

Coat the bottom on the slow cooker with either olive oil or veg. oil.
Place chicken breasts in the bottom of a 4 1/2 quart (or similar) slow cooker. Squeeze the quartered lemons over the chicken meat, and drop the squeezed lemon quarters in the pot. Pour orange juice over the chicken.

Add the remaining ingredients and stir until well mixed. Cook on high for 4 hours.

No comments: