Friday, March 14, 2008

Everyday Meatloaf

EVERYDAY MEAT LOAF

1 1/2 lbs. of ground sirloin (you can use other ground meats but I like sirloin)
2/3 cup of bread crumbs or cracker crumbs (I crush up Saltines and then skip the tsp. of salt listed below)
1 cup milk
2 slightly beaten eggs
1/4 c. minced onion (I double the onion and use 1/2 cup)
1/2 tsp. sage
1 tsp. salt
1 dash pepper

Sauce: (I double the sauce because I love it, but below is the regular amount)
3 Tbs. brown sugar
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. dry mustard (from the spice aisle, not liquid mustard)

Now take off your rings, because this gets messy for a minute. Mix together all ingredients (except sauce stuff) and form into a loaf. Put it into a meatloaf pan, or just place in the center of a regular 9 x 11 baking dish.

Mix together sauce ingredients and spread over meatloaf.

Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Serves 4.

No comments: